Friday, November 25, 2011

Two Years Later . . .


 It's been over two years since I last posted on this blog. I couldn't bring myself to delete it, but I didn't have the motivation to write here for quite a while. Lately, though, I've been reading through the archives and was bitten with the bug to write on homemaking once again.

I am not a Martha (Stewart or otherwise), and I don't keep a spotless home. I don't even keep an overly clean home. We live in our house and it shows. I could definitely stand to spend more time cleaning and organizing. But my heart is in my home. I know this is God's calling on my life, and I want to share with other women that we can indeed be good homemakers. We can show excellence in our homekeeping. We can be happy as homemakers. We can have full, rewarding lives at home. The world in its great wisdom says that homemaking is not a worthwhile pursuit for women today, but the eternal Word of God, which never changes and is as current as today's news, teaches that homemaking is a high calling. It's my desire to share the joys of homemaking and ways to make homekeeping easier. Many of us weren't taught how to keep our homes as children, and many of us were not born organized or knowing how to make it all work. So I want to share things that I have learned and continue to learn, to come alongside and say, "This works for me . . ."

I hope you'll rejoin me in the journey!

No comments: