Saturday, February 28, 2009

Recipe: Chicken Alfredo Calzones

For our pizza yesterday I made Chicken Alfredo Calzones. Here's my recipe for pizza dough. I made it in my bread machine while I went out to buy groceries. I love my bread machine! To assemble our calzones, I divided the dough into two pieces and rolled them out separately. I spread 1/2 of each piece with alfredo sauce, the kind in the jar. I buy the cheap kind from Wal Mart. I'm sure you could make your own, though, if you wanted to. Then I sprinkled the sauce with mozzarella cheese and topped it with thinly-sliced pieces of leftover chicken and bits of peppered bacon, and folded the other half of the dough over it all. I sealed the edges with a fork and cut slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Repeated with the other half of the dough. They looked like two giant turnovers. I baked them at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. And that's it! My kids love this pizza, although it's not my husband's favorite. He doesn't mind if I make it occasionally, though; he's nice like that! ;)

1 comment:

Con said...

humm I will try this!! Need to bring a meal for a mom from our church that had a new baby and this sounds yummy. Thanks :)